Tuesday 31 July 2012

Old TV Series - The Best There Is


I love old television series. My favorites generally include those which were made before I was born. The shows were generally family friendly, had moral stories, and you didn't have to follow the entire series to find out what is going on.Today, shows are completely different. The humor is different. The writing is different. Even the camera work is different. Everything is different besides both being on television.My favorites are as follows:Mr. EdA freaking talking horse! How great is that? When I was younger, I'd always watch the re-runs all the time. Classic humor. And a freaking talking horse!Hogan's HeroesThis is probably my most favorite. Although historically inaccurate in many ways, the show is amazingly funny. Hogan and Schultz are probably my most favorite characters of any TV series. Hogan is like the cool guy who is nice to everyone and Schultz is like the bubbly kid who just wants to have fun. Two great, great actors with a wonderfully written story.I Love Lucy Who doesn't love Lucy? She is one of the most famous actresses in the history of television. She helped break through the gender barrier and help other women become lead actresses for generations to come.M*A*S*H*Alan Alda plays an excellent Hawkeye. His wit and humor make an excellent character to love and follow. Honestly, the TV series is by far my favorite between it and the movie.The Andy Griffith ShowGrowing up in a small town, I can easily relate to Mayberry. People are friendly, everyone knows each other, and if someo ne new comes to town, the sheriff knows about it quickly.CheersThis show isn't completely before my time; however, it ended during my early childhood so I don't remember too much of the show when it was actually on. It is now considered a classic and amongst some of the best television shows of all time. A show that takes place in a bar. Excellent.TaxiAndy Kaufman is a comedic genius, but he doesn't completely make this show. Danny DeVito, Tony Danza, Christopher Lloyd, and Judd Hirsch are whom make this it so entertaining and amazing.If you happen to love watching television, check out these old TV shows. They are well worth the time and will give you a few laughs in the process. Old is the new 'new'. Check them out while you are waiting for your favorite new shows to come on television.



No comments:

Post a Comment